Monday, January 16, 2012

Pasta with a Creamy Smoked Bacon and Pea Sauce - January 16th

Today I cooked  a scrumdelicious meal, or so says my family, for tonight's dinner. It was the main course and we ate it with a side of oven-warmed french bread. Mmhmm yeah be jealous :) So here's the recipe to the wonderful dish that we had, I hope you enjoy.

 10 slices of smoked bacon
a small bunch of fresh mint
 sea salt and fresh ground pepper
 1 pound dried pasta
 olive oil
 a pat of butter
 2 cups frozen peas
 2 tablespoons of heavy cream ( I used it until it was creamy enough)
 1 lemon or juice
6 ounces Parmesan cheese

Prepare your pasta according to the package. Cook the bacon and while its cooking pick and mince the mint leafs. As soon as the bacon is golden and crisp, add your frozen peas, stir them well .














After the peas cook (melt the water off), add the heavy cream and chopped mint into the bacon and peas.  Now its time to add the pasta into the frying pan. Time to add the rest of the ingredients halve the lemon  and squeeze the juice out, I just used 8 oz. of lemon juice as a subtitute. Add the grated Parmesan to the pan and mix it well.

I put in a big bowl and set it on the table. This serves 4-6 (I doubled this for 7-8 people).
Hope you enjoy it, we all did. (: